Sunday 6 February 2011

Blizzards and Snow Drifts!

                                          Dad and Banjo playing in the snow=) There are no
                                          pictures of Lisha and I 'cause we don't take much
                                          pleasure in playing in below zero weather. ha ha!

It got so cold here that the window in Dad's work pickup
broke and fell out=( Mom helped him fix a card board window
replacement...


Mom trudged out to take care of her chickens. She went 
out in freezing weather to give them warm water and 
gather their eggs for our consumption.=)


Dad had to clear our driveway. This was a fun job for
him. He has been breaking ice and scooping it from the 
water tanks...by hand (with a shovel of course). It is nice 
when he can do his work in the CAT that has a heater in it.=)

I think snow is so pretty to take pix of but I don't like to play
in it much. I keep saying,"if snow was warm I would probably
play in it when I had time. God made snow cold...He is so
creative. As I said, it is beautiful. I have to remind myself that 
snow is moisture...so it waters the grass so that the cows can eat.
Thank God for snow=)




6 comments:

PrincessR said...

Yes, we were praising God for the snow! Josh was breaking ice 9" deep. I would hate to be a cow drinking that cold water!
Since our house is so long, the back bedroom wouldn't get warm. We kiddos just hauled a couple of mattresses out to the living room and had our own slumber party. :) It was nice and warm that way.
Luv you!

The Wells Family said...

I don't think I would like to be the cow out there drinking that water either. I do like my hot tea and hot coffee esp. when it is winter outside=)
What a cool idea! Nice to have a good excuse for a slumber party=) That is fun! Love ya too!
VXW

Whalen Family said...

I think I would play in the snow if it was warm too. LOL! We will appreciate the warm weather come spring I am thinking. The cold weather has been going on for quite awhile. :( ~Sarah

Anonymous said...

getting better girls..Lol keep up the good work.I think u got the idea now..haha nate the great

The Wells Family said...

@Sarah---yes, the cold weather has been going on for
a while...too long=(

@Nate the Great---thank you, thank you. Our pleasure.
so glad you finally approve=)haha
VXW

Lilac Bud Gal said...

Hey girl!! OOH! Looks like y'all have been 'enjoying' the cold weather, too!! Josh, Caleb, and I ended up having to haul some wood at night because we ran out.. COLD!!!! THe wind was blowing, which is really the worst part... ugh.

Thanks for the pictures! :)

I tagged you, BTW: http://throughthelilacbushes.blogspot.com/2011/02/sunshine-award.html

You can do it if you want to, but if you don't want to, then that is fine with me! :)

Love ya! Sarah

Powered By Blogger