Wednesday 10 February 2010

Snow Timez.....

Yea! We finally got a good snow! I think we had about 4-5 inches.To some that may not sound like
much at all, but this has probably been the most snow we've had in a long while.:) While looking at the
beautiful, perfectly white snow,  I was reminded of David's Psalm to the Lord God-

"Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me , and I shall be whiter than snow." (Psalm 51:7)
I think that is quite a verse. David is not asking to be as white as snow, but whiter  than snow! I
think it would be amazing to have a heart that is whiter than snow. The wonderful thing to be sure of
is that, when you have repented of  your many sins, Jesus Christ washes away the iniquities, and makes you
clean within. My desire is to have a heart that is clean, maybe even....whiter than snow! :)   
      

                                               This heifer was diligently leading her baby
                                               through the blizzard. It looks like it was just
                                               born a couple hrs. before.


                                                      Pretty sunrise after the snowy night.


                                                    Felisha and I decided to build a snowman
                                                    but not just any old ordinary snowman...
                                                    we made a cowboy snowman, he goes
                                                    by the name Minnie.


                                                              ...Felisha and Minnie...

                    
                                                                  ...Minnie and Me...

6 comments:

Spencer Mom said...

So glad you all got snow. We've had a lot of snow the last few weeks. What a cute snowman and of course a cowboy is just right for you all. Enjoy the snow! Hugs all around. We miss you guys.

ren said...

I think that's the first time I ever saw a snowman with ears. Cutest snowman ever! Love the pics, it makes me miss you all. xo

Marissa said...

Vanessa! I hadn't realized I wasn't getting updates when ya'll posted on your blog. I had to go back and reread the posts I'd missed. =) Glad to get "caught up" again. =) I love the snowman! He's quite cute.
Your photography is really good Vanessa! You have a really good eye and have taken some really neat angles. I am always impressed by good photography and photographers. Taking cool shots or great pics doesn't come naturally for me. Good job. =)
Marissa

Whalen Family said...

very cute snowman! :) We are enjoying our snow also...haven't made a snowman since the last snow though.

Prairie Momma said...

We should have taken picture of the fort the boys "tried" to build. It was rather funny when they had to start hauling snow in the 4-wheeler trailer - I guess the 5" we had didn't fill their needs. haha So far, we've only lost two calves in the cold winds, so we switched back to our evening feeding and haven't lost anything since. Note to self: Next year, feed at night after calving begins. We miss you guys!! Love, Aunt Catherine

Fiddlin Girl said...

Haha! That is the funniest snowman I have ever seen! Is that Joe's hat? Did he know you used it? ;) lol!
Wow, that is a lot of snow. Yikes! Glad y'all are enjoying it.
Love,
DeNiece #2

Powered By Blogger