Tuesday 6 October 2009

...Apples...Apples...Apples...

Okay that title was not a negative title, I really like the apples we have picked this summer-there is just
alot of them... I just have to stop and think .... There are alot of needy children in the world who would
absolutely love to have anything to eat. God has really blessed us abundantly and I know we don't thank
him enough.
Anyway we picked apples from the orchard of the Popes' (some of our friends) and apples from an apple
tree in "downtown" Claunch. We have canned pie apples, apple sauce, and dried lots. My favorite apple
product is apple juice so I am hoping to make some of that very soon.:) Here are just a few photos of our
busy apple season!

pretty, tasty, yummy apples

(I figured anyone could figure out what the other
photos were but I thought I would clarify what this
was- our apple syrup to put in pie apples.)







4 comments:

Spencer Mom said...

Yummy! Yes, you are very blessed. Isn't it wonderful to have so much bounty to put up for the year to come and to share with others? We had to buy our apples, though we had a few on one of our trees. I see Desi is home, at least for a bit. I know you all are enjoying having her there for canning season. Hugs to all!

Spencer Mom said...

I came back for more looking for beautiful kitchen pictures. It looks like you do, indeed, have a new kitchen. I'd love photos if you are so inclined. A little visit via the blog, and I promise to drink coffee instead of tea in honor of my visit with you. :-)

The Wells Family said...

I will try to get kitchen pictures on the Blog as soon as possible:)It has been fun working in
and even cleaning!Oh, and thanks so much for drinking coffee,Jk

The Wells Family said...

It is so nice hearing from you! We really need to get together soon,I miss you all very much.
I will try to get kitchen pictures posted on the blog as soon as possible.
Thank you so much for drinking coffee instead
of tea, that makes me feel so much better!Lots
Of Love-VW

Powered By Blogger